Questions pertaining to this policy should be directed to: email@example.com for clarification.
Your Privacy is Important
Our Privacy Vow
We will not sell, share, or trade names or personal information with any other entity that might use it for commercial gain, nor send mailings on behalf of other organizations, unless you have given us specific permission to do so.
This policy applies to all information received by us, both online and offline, on any Platform (“Platform” includes all websites), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent any payments are processed through a third-party service provider, your information will be used for purposes necessary to process the payment. Some of our partners may use your information in aggregate for statistical analysis, but data that are organizationally or personally identifiable will not be shared.
How We Collect Personal Information
We may collect or may be provided personal information in the normal course of operations as described in this policy. When you access certain Websites, programs or services, we may ask that you provide us with some personal information, which lets us know who you are. If you do not provide that information, depending on the program or service, you may not be able to engage in that activity. It is completely optional for you to engage or not engage in those activities.
When you access certain Websites, programs or services, we may collect personal information such as first name, last name, email address and username. For certain Websites, programs or services we may also collect other personal information such as passwords, phone number, and postal address, some of which will be used for personalization and identification purposes only. We offer certain programs in a blended learning format, which may include the use of web-based programs, videos and related content, and you may be asked to provide certain personal information to access such content. We may also receive personal information from third parties, such as its service providers, vendors, consultants, and other groups.
How We Use Personal Information
- We may share your personal information with service providers, vendors and consultants who help us operate, maintain and improve our Websites, programs and services. For example, we may work with service providers, vendors and consultants to assist us with data analysis, payment processing, promotional marketing, document preparation and customer support. These parties may have access to personal information to perform services but may not use such information for any other purpose.
- Non-specific, aggregate data is used for the purposes of collecting general demographic information, measuring user interests, and analyzing the collective characteristics and behaviors of our registered visitors. The collection of this information allows us to appropriately change and update our programs and service our Websites and web platforms to improve our programs and services and the user experience.
- From time to time, we may use your information to inform you of changes and enhancements to our content and services. For those who have elected to receive information such as offers or information about the company, we may send you direct or electronic mail regarding programs and services we feel may be of interest to you. If you do not want to continue to receive such offers or information, simply tell us and we can edit your account information to no longer receive such mailings.
- You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., your name, e-mail address, etc.) in any discussion forums or other public areas on this site, any information you disclose in your communication can be collected and used by third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this policy does not apply to such information.
- Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and/or account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
- We use SSL security on forms that require credit card information. We will never ask for information that could be used in a phishing scheme without the SSL security behind the form.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our Websites cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
The security, confidentiality and integrity of your personal information is important to us. We maintain organizational, physical, and technical security arrangements for the personal information we collect to guard your personal information against accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Certain systems we use are maintained and administered by Google. Google uses physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your data and restricts access to your personal data to only those who need to know that information to perform their job function. However, despite such efforts, no security controls are 100% effective, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of personal information that you provide to us, Google or other third-parties. There is no guarantee that the data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
When you registered as a user, you may have created an account that is password-protected. Do not divulge your password to anyone. Also remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished, particularly if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library.
Accessing, Correcting or Deleting Your Personal Information
You are entitled to know what personal information we collect about you and to have access to that information. If you have registered as a user, you may access, edit, or correct the personal information you have provided in your profile at any time. Otherwise, you can request to access, review or correct your personal information, or to have your personal information or account deleted, at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can choose not to receive any communications about events or publications we believe might be of interest to you. Individuals may opt-out of communications, including by sending an email to email@example.com.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as you allow or as otherwise necessary to provide you with information about us. When you register as a user or obtain a user account, we process and keep your personal information for as long as your account is active. Once your account is deleted, we will retain your personal information for up to 60 days before permanently deleting it, unless we are legally required to retain the information for a longer period.
Information for California Residents
If you are a resident of California you may have additional rights regarding your personal information. Please review the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice regarding your rights under the CCPA.
Policies and Practices of Third Parties
Information about your visit and use of our Websites may be collected through third-party tools such as Google Adwords, Google Analytics and MailChimp. The information may include your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about how you interact with the Websites. We use this information to improve its services and the user experience as well as network management and security. We also use various technologies to collect and store information when you use the Websites, including cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons, to analyze trends, administer the Websites, track users’ movement around the Websites, and identify ways to improve the Websites and determine how we can make the Websites a more positive and relevant user experience.
If you want to remove existing cookies from your device or to block future cookies from being placed on your device, you can usually do this by changing your browser options and settings. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings to block cookies, our system will issue cookies as soon as you visit our Websites, even if you have previously deleted our cookies. Turning off cookies will also prevent any web beacons from tracking your user activity on our Websites. The web beacon will still account for an anonymous visit, but your unique information will not be recorded. Please bear in mind that deleting and blocking cookies will likely have an impact on your user experience as parts of the Websites may no longer work as intended.
Updates to Privacy Policies
Questions or Concerns
If you have a privacy question, concern, or request, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome any questions or comments you may have.